jueves, 7 de julio de 2011

Salty


For some reason I waited. I couldn’t face her until I knew I wouldn’t be too sad to leave her. It is like seeing a good friend who for all the right reasons stepped out of your life for a bit. Upon being reunited, you know that it is time to make the effort to get close again. She is the mighty Pacific Ocean. From my home in Xela, she has always been a mere four hours away. I am glad I let her be because I knew I would long for her all the days I lived in the city. My journey to be more permanently reunited has begun. I plunged into her salty goodness for three days this past week and let the sound of the waves recharge my step. I always knew that I needed her but I pushed myself to embrace my current circumstances. 

I wouldn’t change the last six months for anything but its time to stop pretending I am a big city girl. I want to trade the smell of exhaust for an ocean breeze. I want to feel the sand in my toes any day I please. I want to watch the sunset into the Pacific Ocean with old friends, cold beer in hand. It is time. We have some catching up to do. People often say the beaches of Guatemala are not very nice or beautiful but if you love the ocean like I do, her embrace is always kind and satisfying. I am,however, ready to go home.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario